Wednesday, June 23, 2010

D-Day +1 (and 2)

The day Eric left, things went pretty well, and I started thinking this wasn't going to be too bad.  Marcus went to sleep at 8 that night, so I got to hang out with my neighbor for a little while and just relax.  The next day, however, I got to pay for Marcus going to bed so early.  He decided to wake up at 6:30 (normally he doesn't get up until at least 7:30, sometimes 8).  I don't know if he thought "Without Daddy here to do it, I'm going to have to wake Mommy up early" or what.  Eric had gotten into the habit of waking me up at 5:30 when he left for PT and I was looking forward to finally sleeping in.

Last night, Marcus fell asleep at 7.  I was sure he was just going to take a short nap and then wake up again as he has been known to do.  He did wake up once, but put himself right back to sleep.  This morning, he woke up at 5:30.  I'm not sure that I like this trend.  I'm actually glad that he woke up when he did today though, because about ten minutes later I had an MP (Military Police Officer) pounding on my front door.  It seems that they found a little girl, probably about 2 or 3 years old, wandering around in front of my house with a sippy cup and they thought that she was mine.  I had actually never seen her before, so I wasn't much help, but they did eventually find her parents.

I just hope that Marcus doesn't try to go to bed at 6 tonight.  I'm thinking that this bedtime trend might be due to the fact that Eric used to play with Marcus at night and keep him stimulated until bedtime, whereas I tend to keep more of a mellow environment.  Or, it's just because his first two teeth are coming in.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

ok nm, i didn't read these posts.