Thursday, June 24, 2010

2nd Brigade's Deployment Ceremony

Even though Eric already left, Marcus and I went to his unit's official Deployment Ceremony.  This is where they officially ready the units for the deployment.  The 25th Infantry Division's band marches in front of the units to signify that they are ready to go into battle, the 25th ID's Commanding General inspects the troops, and then their colors (flags) are cased to ready them for transport.


Here's a panoramic shot of the entire ceremony.


This was the band marching in front of the brigade.


This is Eric's Company.


This is the entire brigade.

Afterwards, they had a party at the conference center here on base.  It was okay, but the best part was that I won two tickets to the Champagne Brunch at the Hale Koa that Eric and I just went to before he left.  I was just going to give it away since he is already gone, but then I realized it doesn't expire until next September, so maybe we'll go out for my birthday after he gets back.  It's a nice little something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I didn't know he was deploying!!